We are excited about the opportunity to be with your child through his/her kindergarten education and fun experience! Entering kindergarten is a big step in your child’s life. It is an adventure for your child as well as for the entire family. We want this KG experience to be enjoyable and successful in every way!
Educating your child must be a collaborative effort between you and your child’s teachers. No one group will be as effective without the help of the other. If we work together, your child will be prepared for success in kindergarten and beyond.
You can help develop the skills and characteristics your child will need by working with him or her at home. Following are just a few sample activities you can share with your child:
- Read with your child every day. Encourage him/her to read along with you and retell the stories.
- Talk about connections between your child’s personal experiences and events and objects in books you read.
- Visit your child’s classroom and school often.
- Encourage your child to retell experiences and describe ideas and events that are important to him/her.
- Encourage your child to scribble, draw, and print. Keep markers, crayons, pencils, and paper on hand.
- Play with your child. Talk about what they are doing. Count and use numbers as you play together.
- Take advantage of every opportunity to count.
It is important that we ensure that your child will begin kindergarten with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed to succeed in school. Please feel free to contact us if we may further assist you in any way.
It is a privilege for us to work with your child. Thank you.